Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How Long To Let Xylene Dry Before Reapplying Concrete Sealant



Hello all,
I had a white haze on my concrete after sealing it, so per this thread Sealant turning white on stamped/decorative walk I am going to try to strip it with xylene and then re-apply.
Does anyone know how long I should let the xylene sit before re-applying the sealant?
Thanks!
-Joe

Welcome to the forums.
Until it is completely and thoroughly dry - figure at least 24 hours (this was what I gleaned from the linked thread).

Thanks Mitch. I saw that, but figured it was referring to water. I didn't plan to wash the floor again after applying the xylene.
Also, that thread refers to spraying xylene, whereas I've only seen it come in regular containers that you pour rather than spray out of. Any thoughts on where I can get an aerosol can of this stuff? That would save me a ton of time as compared to wiping it over 1,200 square feet with a rag or brush.

I doubt you'll find it in an aerosol can. When sprayed it's done thru a spray gun.






Tags: long, xylene, before, concrete, sealant